Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Disability Awareness Reading

Write a quick blog post on something that stood out to you:

3 Responses to "Do You Need Help?" 

As a general rule, I try not to assume things about people. However, it never occurred to me how demeaning asking if someone "needed help" could be.  I can only imagine how annoying it must be to get asked this over and over again when help is not needed. I wish more people, including myself, would realize these arguments without having to be told. People with disabilities have a dark past caused by the ignorance of "able" bodied individuals. I, however, am pleased this information is being spread and that people with disabilities are no longer afraid to speak out on topics such as this (like they where before the early 70s). 

No comments:

Post a Comment